1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.
2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak
that it is often mistaken for hunger.
3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%.
4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of dieters studied in a U-Washington study.
5. Lack of water is the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.
8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.
9. Increasing your intake of water during a case of the flu or common cold can reduce the number of sick days by 2-3 days.
( If you weigh 120 lbs. then you should drink 60 ounces of water a day.)
10. Are you drinking enough water every day?
Remember, once you are thirsty, you are already dehydrated.